• 1/2 head cauliflower (between 0.5 – 1 kg.), trimmed and cut into 5cm. florets (about 4 cups florets)
• 4 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• About 1 tsp. smoked paprika
• 2 teaspoons salt, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes
• 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
• About 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 3 1/2 tablespoons well-stirred tahini
• Preheat oven to 450°. Put cauliflower florets in a large bowl and add 1 1/2 tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. salt, the cumin, chilli flakes, and garlic. Toss to coat thoroughly.
• Spread florets evenly on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until florets are cooked through and a little crispy, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
• Put 1/2 cup water in a blender with roasted cauliflower and garlic, lemon juice, remaining 3 tbsp. oil, the tahini, and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. salt. Blend, adding more water if needed (up to 1/4 cup) and scraping sides often, until you have a creamy purée, about 4 minutes. Taste and add more salt or lemon juice if you like.
• Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of smoked paprika.
• Make ahead: Up to 3 days, chilled airtight.
Enjoy the hummus and give us some feedback!
Visit our online shop to purchase quality, organic vegetable and herb seed.